What is content marketing and why is it important?
Content marketing is a type of strategic marketing that centres around content creation.
Publishing content that is relevant and valuable to your target audience is one of the best ways to get your brand in front of potential customers. This provides you with the opportunity to inform people about what your business does, why you’re the best at what you do, and why they should use your product or service.
This type of marketing is also important for several other reasons. These include that it:
- Generates leads
- Increases sales, and therefore revenue
- Drives brand awareness
- Adds value to your brand
- Encourages people to continue following your company and become loyal repeat customers, rather than simply making one off purchases
- Educates your customers on topics relevant to your company
- Engages your customers, and provides them with an opportunity to connect with your brand
- Helps to position your company as a leader or authority in your field
- Assists with search engine optimisation by making your site rank higher in search engines for relevant keywords
Research also shows that content marketing is up to three times as effective as other types of marketing, whilst costing significantly less. This makes it a great option for small businesses with a limited marketing budget.
What content marketing services do you offer?
Many different content marketing strategies exist. These include:
- Case studies
- Blog posts
- Landing pages
- White papers and reports
- Email marketing and newsletters
- Courses and webinars
- Social media posts
- Infographics and other visual content
- Influencer marketing
By comparison, if your goal is to promote your company to other businesses with a view to future collaboration, white papers and reports are likely to be more effective.
What does the content marketing process look like?
At Tomedia, our experienced copywriters and content marketers make content marketing a breeze, no matter what kind of content you’re after.
Here’s what the process might look like:
1. Initial brief
At our initial meeting with you, we will start by asking you to tell us a bit about your business in a general sense. For example, what does your business do? What are your products and services? Who is your target audience? What are your business goals for the short and long term?
We’ll then talk in more detail about the content you require. For example:
- What type of content are you interested in? For instance, is it blogs, articles, eBooks, videos or podcasts, or something else?
- Is there anything in particular that you want each piece of content to cover?
- What are your goals for the content? For example, are you wanting to reach new markets, generate new leads and sales, increase your authority as a brand, or convert one-off customers to loyal repeat clients?
We may also ask you to provide us with some examples of your current content marketing, so that we can get a better idea of where you’re at currently.
We’ll then go away and do some of our own research. We will look at who the leaders are in your industry, who your direct competitors are, and what each one is doing with their content marketing.
This will help us to find out more about what “good content marketing” looks like for your industry, what your competitors are doing, and how you can make your business stand out.
3. Initial draft
Once we have a good idea of what you are looking for, we’ll start putting together an initial draft.
We’ll then present our initial draft to you, and you will have the opportunity to provide your feedback. For example:
- What do you like about our initial draft?
- Is there anything you don’t like?
- What would you like changed for the final version?
5. Subsequent drafts
We will then go back and make any required revisions. We are happy to go back and forth with you as many times as necessary to ensure you are 100% satisfied with your final copy.
We will then provide you with the final version of your content. Depending on the type of content that you require, this may be delivered as a Word document, PDF, .mp3 or .mp4 file, or other type of digital format.
At Tomedia, we’re experienced in creating great content to support high quality, successful content marketing campaigns. Our comprehensive suite of services covers all aspects of content creation, ranging from blogs, articles, and eBooks to podcasts, videos, and more.