What is social media management and why is it important?
- Facebook pages
- Instagram profiles
- Twitter profiles
- Pinterest pages
- LinkedIn profiles
- TikTok profiles
- YouTube channels
What are the different types of social media management?
- Content creation (also known as content marketing – namely, posting videos and images that are likely to engage your target demographic, which may be accompanied with relevant hashtags to maximise your reach and engagement)
- User-generated content (re-posting or sharing content from your customers of followers, which is another great way to build engagement)
- Community engagement (that is, using social media to interact with your target audience and provide customer service)
- Promotions, giveaways, and contests (all of which are good ways to grow your following and increase the amount of traffic being received to your page)
- Paid marketing campaigns (where you can pay for your ads to be displayed to your target demographic)
- Influencer marketing (partnering with popular influencers or celebrities in your niche or demographic by paying them to promote your business to their following)
What does the social media management process look like?
However, here’s a general guide as to what the process might look like:
1. Creative brief
Some of the questions that we might ask include:
- What does your business do?
- What products or services do you offer?
- Who are your current and potential customers?
- What sort of a message do you want to be giving your customers through your social media pages?
- What are your long and short-term goals?
- How would you describe your brand identity?
- What social media platforms do you currently use?
- What is your social media strategy like at present?
- What about your engagement?
- Do you have any examples of other businesses’ social media pages that you like?
- What social media platforms we recommend using
- Our vision for your social media content (may be presented as a mood board of different font, colour, image, and design samples, depending on your requirements and brand identity)
- The steps we will be taking to optimise your social media profiles for maximum reach and engagement
- A timeline for overall implementation
- Which social media channels are performing best overall?
- How is reach and engagement (e.g. likes, shares, comments, and new followers) changing over time?
- How many users are navigating to your website from your social media pages?
- How many clicks are you receiving on shared links?
- What is your conversion rate like for new customers or sales originating from your socials?
- What trends we are seeing compared to previous months?
- What is your total ad spend and revenue? (if you are using paid advertising)
- How are your competitors performing by comparison?